Thursday, October 1, 2009

On the Perfect Cup of Hot Chocolate

Just so that there is something on here regarding food, allow me to tell you about my new favorite way to make hot chocolate. It's freezing cold here and I've been working to perfect it.

Hot Chocolate Bar by Giada de Laurentiis is the way to go. It's simple and what you expect from a cup of hot chocolate. Mixing the cocoa and sugar separately means no lumps. It turns out smooth and sweet every time.

However, because I love to complicate things, I also combined aspects of Ina Garten's hot chocolate recipe. I've been adding half a teaspoon of vanilla and instead of using just cocoa, I use half-cocoa, half Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha hot chocolate mix for that hint of coffee to make it extra chocolate-y. But that means I also cut back on sugar, because there is sugar in the mix already.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds absolutely divine and I need some desperately right now..
    -Mneme

    ReplyDelete